Matt's Blog

Weblog of New York City based Jewish Musician.

Monday, April 19, 2004

Ode to gefilte


Ode to gefilte


Ah, now this is a fish I can agree with. Not that their are many fishes that I don't agree with. I like my fish sweet and with horseradish. Currently I have been getting the frozen kind that you cook, much better than the jar. Though if one needs to get the jar, I like the jelly over the liquid. Just plop the jelly on some good challah, and eat. The liquid isn't so good as a soup. And if in a restaurant and they have the stuffed gefilte fish (the true meaning of the word in yiddish is stuffed.). White fish stuffed with chopped fish, now there is a meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  • The one and only Klezmershack
  • A blog on Yiddish and Jewish Music
  • Living Traditions
  • The Folksbiene Yiddish Theater
  • YIVO