Matt's Blog

Weblog of New York City based Jewish Musician.

Sunday, February 01, 2004

Lip-Synching Gets Real

Lip-Synching Gets Real

I have noticed this for years, and it is a shame, because many of my favorite albums are live recordings. But I wonder if many of the people that I have pointed it out to over the years will believe me now.

My big question is if Broadway Musicals, which are performed 8 times a week can have live music, singing, and dancing, why can't "rock" shows that are performed 3 or 4 times a week have the same standard? And if performers aren't up to those standards should we re-think the type of performers that we (the music industry) plucks out. Their are plenty of people than can do it, (and don't need the pitch correction, and have the "right" bodies) why can they get the record contracts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  • The one and only Klezmershack
  • A blog on Yiddish and Jewish Music
  • Living Traditions
  • The Folksbiene Yiddish Theater
  • YIVO