Matt's Blog

Weblog of New York City based Jewish Musician.

Thursday, September 04, 2003

iPod + Classes

So, I joined the iPod generation today. Nothing like being able to walk around with your digital music collection. Slowly but Shirley my vinyl collection is also going to be finding its way over. This will make the hour trip to school much easier. (I could use the Mini-Disc player, but it was always to time consuming to impute the titles of tunes, I can't stand listening to something and not know what it is.) Now if only the iPod offered Yiddish as one of its languages, that would be a great way to work on my Yiddish skills.

Classes started this week, and so far so well. Today I tried to do my homework for Research Methods, but I can't access the proxy serve yet, it takes three weeks for e-mail address to be given out to new students which you need to have to sign in to the proxy server. (Which may still also be done from the power outage last month.) So tomorrow I will either make to the trip their or to the Lincoln Center Library so I can read an article in the Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians and compare it to the entry for the same topic [composition] in the Harvard Dictionary of Music (which I have a copy sitting on my shelf, the 29 volumes of the Grove, even if I did have the money to get, I don't have a place to put them [though if I had the money to get them one would think I would have the money to buy a bookshelf to put them on.])

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. general health Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

January 30, 2012 at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  • The one and only Klezmershack
  • A blog on Yiddish and Jewish Music
  • Living Traditions
  • The Folksbiene Yiddish Theater
  • YIVO