Matt's Blog

Weblog of New York City based Jewish Musician.

Wednesday, May 14, 2003

So, why did I decide to start a Blog:
a) Everyone else is doing it.
b) It felt like the thing to do. I don't have a steady job that comes with a built in financial rewards. I have the free time, and I appear to have things that I want to say. This week I have managed to create a huge controversy on a mailing list that I am apart of. So this can be another forum for the three people who are interested in hearing what I have to say.

I will try not to keep this focused on any one topic, but will try to talk about a little bit of everything. From my general interests I have a feeling that Jewish Culture will be the focus of this blog. This venue is as good as any other to talk about what I am listening to and thinking about.

Now is as good as any time to start. I have been listening to the new Klezmatics record, Rise Up! Sheyt Oyf! a lot these past couple of days. I have been listening to it since last summer, but now that it is finally out I don't feel as bad about listening to it. And having the linernotes is such a joy.

Speaking of linernotes, I have played around with the iTunes music store a bit, but haven't purchased anything yet. To me at this point it is the linernote thing. Your not going to look at them all the time, but you never know when you are going to want to look at them. I will admit that the artwork isn't a good as days of vinyl but at least for long text sections you don't have to hunt around for the insert inside the jacket that is always getting lost. I have more to say on iTunes, but it will have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  • The one and only Klezmershack
  • A blog on Yiddish and Jewish Music
  • Living Traditions
  • The Folksbiene Yiddish Theater
  • YIVO