Matt's Blog

Weblog of New York City based Jewish Musician.

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Lag B'omer
Tuesday was Lag B'omer, so I went out to Boro Park to see if I could find any interesting things happening. I was hoping to finds some live bands, but I wasn't able to. What I did find was a so Chabad children's rallies. One was in Boro Park, the other one was in Flatbush. Flatbush isn't as religious as Boro Park and is made up of more immigrants so there was a different tone at each one.

But even though I wasn't able to find exactly what I was looking for it was still a good way to spend an afternoon and learn where things are in a different neighborhood in Brooklyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
  • The one and only Klezmershack
  • A blog on Yiddish and Jewish Music
  • Living Traditions
  • The Folksbiene Yiddish Theater
  • YIVO